Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone,


I'd like to take this opportunity with my first blog post to introduce myself.


My name is Father Peter C. Tremblay.  I am a Conventual Franciscan Friar.  I am stationed at St. Paul Parish in Kensington CT where I minister as a transitional deacon.  I will be ordained to the priesthood in August of this year.  
If you are wondering why I have the title of "Father" it is because I was told (I had not heard this before) that even transitional deacons in our community traditionally take "Father" as a title. 


St. Paul Parish Kensington, CT



I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts, ideas, opinions (I have a lot of them), and especially my homilies with you here on my blog.


My hope is that this blog can be a record of my efforts and joys as a young man who is just beginning his ministerial career.  I often reflect on the words of the first letter of St. Peter,


"Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope!"


My life and vocation as a Franciscan Friar has been a dream come true.  For me it is an adventure.  I know that that might sound cliche but I can't find any other words to briefly share with you the hope and joy that I find in this way of life.


Pope John Paul II was an inspiration for me and I can echo his words when he was asked by George Weigel (his biographer) how he wanted to be remembered.  John Paul II said, "I would like to be a witness to hope."  


I hope that this blog can be a tool for me to share my life, my hope, and my joy with whomever would care to read it.

1 comment: